Frederic II had a luxurious residence for guests built and fitted directly adjacent to Sanssouci Palace. The splendour and refinement of its lavishly equipped apartments and ballrooms are certain to impress contemporary visitors just as they used to impress Frederic's guests. Unmissable highlights include the Jasper Hall, which was decorated using precious red jasper and white marble only as well as the Ovid Gallery. Its gilded wall reliefs depict scenes from Ovid's "Metamorphoses", further images of which can also be found in the elegant Blue Gallery.
further information on New Chambers (Prussian Palaces and Gardens Foundation Berlin-Brandenburg) ›
Construction period: 1745 built as orangery / 1771 redesigned and built as guest house
Architects: Georg Wenzeslaus von Knobelsdorff / Georg Christian Unger
Principal: Frederic II