Address: Karl-Marx-Straße 2, 14482 Potsdam
Construction period: 1891/92
Architects: Karl von Großheim, Heinrich Joseph Kayser
Principal: Carl Müller-Grote
The owner of Grote's Bookstore-Publisher who published Theodor Fontane had called his picture-perfect villa in Neu-Babelsberg at Lake Griebnitzsee "Haus Erlenkamp". Since US President Harry S. Truman resided here during the 1945 Potsdam Conference it has been called "Truman-Villa" ever since. However the US President was not particularly fond of the, as he put it, "ruined French château", which nevertheless was the location where he ordered the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki from. Nowadays it is home to the Friedrich-Naumann-Foundation, which had the building repaired after it was destroyed by arson.