Address: Weberplatz, 14482 Potsdam
Construction period: 1752/53
Architect: Jan Bouman; later conversions by Christian Heinrich Ziller et al.
Principal: Frederick II.
In order to boost the textile industry the Prussian King brought skilled Bohemian workers into the country and from 1750 he had the weavers' colony Nowa Wes created near Babelsberg. Amsterdam architect Jan Bouman (who was also responsible for the Dutch Quarter) built a church with octagonal layout, steep hip roof and a prominent tower for the Protestant refugees. Services were also held in Czech until 1809. The interior was restored to its original colouration in 2016. A monument next to the entrance portal commemorates Bohemian reformer Johann Amos Comenius.