Brandenburg Gate Potsdam at Luisenplatz
Address: Luisenplatz, 14467 Potsdam
Construction period: built 1770/71
Architects: Carl von Gontard, Georg Christian Unger
Principal: Frederic II.
Anyone wishing to travel from Potsdam to Brandenburg had to pass through the Brandenburg Gate. The wall was torn down in 1900 and the triumphal arch commemorating the Seven Years' War has been freestanding ever since. Two architects were responsible for its design. Therefore Gontard's side facing the city and Unger's side facing the countryside are totally different.