2022 Schloss Caputh

How about an outing to the oldest remaining pleasure palace from the era of the Great Elector Duke? The small, sumptuously decorated country house on the River Havel is an art-historical jewel, which, unlike many other palaces has survived the region’s changeful history almost unchanged. Its museal furnishings bear witness to the quality of princely home décor at about 1700 and its landscape garden with stunning old trees beautifully located on the River Havel is the ideal place for a stroll.

Open daily (except Mondays) 10 – 17:30 h, last admission 17:00 h (1st April – 31st October).
Music Festival guests get a voucher for two palace viewing tickets for the price of one (€ 6,-)
All public health regulations apply. (SARS-CoV-2-Containment Regulation),

To the page of the castle foundation›

2018 Orangery Palace Sanssouci

The Orangery Palace is the last and the largest palace building that was built in Park Sanssouci. King Frederick William IV, "the romanticist on the throne" had it built in the middle of the 19th century and even contributed his own drafts. His southern longing is expressively brought to life by the entire stately building: the central palace building, the statues, fountains, arcades and terraces and also by the numerous exotic pot plants, which decorate the terraces in summer and spend the winters inside the two gigantic plant halls.
The impressive Raffael Hall, decorated with more than 50 19th century copies of famous Raffael paintings is located in the central part of the three-wing building. Among those copies are replicas of pieces as famous as the "Sistine Madonna". Two royally furnished apartments fitted with exquisite pieces of furniture, paintings, sculptures as well as artisanal objects are also open to the public.
Once the tower and the roof restoration in the central part of the building have been completed, the viewing tower reopens to the public in spring 2018. Enjoy amazing panorama views across Park Sanssouci, its surroundings and the City of Potsdam.

Music Festival guests get two Orangery Palace and Orangery Viewing Tower tickets for the price of one: € 6,-.
Opening Hours:1st April - 30th April Sat/Sun and public holidays 10.00 - 17.30 h, last admission 17.00 h
1st Mai - 31st October 10.00 - 17.30 h, last admission 17.00 h
valid: 1st April to 31st October 2018

more information ›

2017 Flatow Tower in Park Babelsberg

Built in about 1850 the Flatow Tower in Park Babelsberg was modelled on the medieval tower of the Eschenheim Gate in Frankfurt am Main. Emperor William I placed some pieces from his diverse art collection in the Flatow Tower. Nowadays originally decorated rooms as well as an exhibition about the park and its spectacular views await the visitor. When climbing the tower the park is experienced in a variety of views and sights. These open up like a fan the higher one climbs. The upper circumferential platform offers unique panoramic views of Prince Pückler’s garden art in Park Babelsberg and of the splendid Berlin – Potsdam garden landscape.

more information ›

2016 The New Chambers

Frederick II's palace for visitors is located close to Sanssouci Palace. It came into being when an orangery was converted. Contrasting with its modest exterior the visitor is greeted by an array of sumptuously decorated rooms and apartments on the inside. These were designed by leading artists Frederic II had commissioned. The Jasper Hall with its ancient busts and its precious Jasper adornments is a true highlight. The gilded wall reliefs in the Ovid Gallery depict scenes from Ovid's Metamorphoses. Both rooms also serve as venues for the Music Festival Potsdam Sanssouci every year.

more information ›

2015 Charlottenhof Palace

A Prussian Arcadia

The small Charlottenhof Palace, which was built in classicist style, is located to the South West of Sanssouci. It forms the architectural focus of a small park that was added to the 18th century Sanssouci park from 1826. The crown prince and later king Frederic William IV had the baroque manor house converted into a summerhouse from 1826 - 1829. Karl Friedrich Schinkel was the architect and designed the interior. Peter Joseph Lenné created the surrounding park landscape. In Charlottenhof the two masters joined their talents and created what must be a highlight of their work - a Prussian Arcadia indeed. The palace's modest form language is steeped in the spirit of antiquity. The appearance of the interior is seemingly civic and non-regal, most of the furniture was designed by Schinkel himself.

Further informations ›

2014 The Marble Palace

Classicism conquers Prussia

The construction of the Marble Palace in its pleasant location on the shore of the Heilger See marks the arrival of early Classicism in Prussia. King Frederic William II, successor to Frederic the Great, charged master builder Carl von Gontard with the task of building a summer residence entirely tailored to his personal needs. So in the years around 1790 a freestanding, two-storey cubic buiding with a belvedere on top was created. Carl Gotthard Langhans was responsible for the artistic decoration of the rooms. When the one-storey side wings were built, which were meant to permit more space for the holding of court Frederic William died. They were finished after 1843 and furnished to the period's taste.

2013 Norman Tower on the Mountain of Ruins

Visit the special venue: Norman Tower on the Mountain of Ruins

The Norman Tower on the Mountain of Ruins is one of Potsdam’s historical lookout points. The view to the city, Park Sanssouci, Bornstedt, Bornim and the BUGA (Federal Garden Exhibition) grounds covers a panorama ranging from the small palace on Peacock Island to William’s Elevation near Werder. Frederic the Great used to enjoy the view from the Mountain of Ruins by means of a wooden platform. The 23 m high Norman Tower was built in the shape of a medieval watchtower in 1846 by Ferdinand von Arnim following a design by Ludwig Persius. After a two-year restoration period, generously supported by both the Federal Government and the State of Brandenburg, the tower is now once again open to visitors.